Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Radio, Money, and a New Job

Yesterday was one of those interesting days where good stuff just keeps happening.  The day started off with me going on a local radio show to be interviewed.  The interview itself was primarily about being someone who had moved into Rockingham County.  However, mid-way through the interview the topic changed to adoption.  I was very pleased with this turn of events and took the opportunity to encourage others to adopt.  Having this opportunity set the tone for the rest of the day.  And it was a good day.

Later in the day we received an unexpected donation toward our adoption.  We have truly been blessed with the number of people who continue to give.  We know that without these generous donations we would never be able to bring our son home.


To make the day even that much better, I got a new job!  Well, sort of.  For one week in May I'll be working at a bookstore owned by a friend of mine.  He needs a temporary position filled and has offered it to me (with generous pay I might add) in order to help with the adoption. 

Yep, yesterday was a good day.  Now let's see what happens today.