Sunday, March 14, 2010

I Need to Learn to Cook

As most of you know, I've been sick the past few days. Well I stayed home from church today. After the boys got home from church, I dragged myself out of bed and started cooking lunch.Upon seeing me Feromsa struck up this conversation:

Feromsa- "Mommy, you can't cook. You're sick. You should go to bed."
Me- "You guys need lunch and daddy is still at church."
Feromsa- "Let me help you."

So Feromsa begins helping me cook lunch. He helped me drain the meat.
Feromsa "This is good for me to learn."

He stirred in the spices.
Feromsa "I learn so I can cook for my children."

He added the cheese.
Feromsa " I so glad you teach me."

It had to simmer for 5 minutes while we stirred occasionally. Feromsa did the stirring and set the timer.

Three minutes into the simmer....
Feromsa "This is hard. Maybe my wife cook for me. I just come and sit down and eat."