Thursday, January 17, 2008

Homestudy COMPLETE!!!

We just got off the phone with our social worker and our homestudy is complete! She will be sending it off to USCIS (that's immigration) in the next couple of days and then we wait. Have you noticed that waiting is a reoccurring theme in adoption. Hopefully, we won't wait long though. Immigration should have our fingerprints back real soon if not already. Which means when they get the approved homestudy they will be able to "quickly" send us our I-171 (for those who don't know that is the supreme, almighty piece of paper that says we are allowed to bring our children into the United States). This paper is the last in a long line of official papers needed in order to send our dossier off to Ethiopia. At which time we then begin a new waiting period for our actual referral. So although we still have a ways to go we are getting there.

I forgot to mention that I had the opportunity to participate in an AWAA Spirit of Adoption Seminar last weekend. I really had a great time and believe I have a new, no, let's say an additional calling on my life. I really want to take every opportunity afforded to me to speak on behalf of adoption. I think it is a thrill to encourage and to help others with their own adoption journey. I'm not quite sure how this will be fleshed out but I look forward to exploring the possibilities.