Monday, September 27, 2010

The Noise

Last night I was tired.  I'm always tired on Sunday night.  For me Sunday is a work day and I get tired.  Last night was no exception.  Despite this, I was sitting at the table with my wife, some kids were wrestling, some were arguing with me and mom about, well, I can't even tell you what we were discussing.  I can tell you this, the house was loud.  There was noise coming from everywhere it seemed.  It was sheer chaos and I was tired.  Never the less, there was this little smile on my face.  Never the less, I wasn't going anywhere.  My little house seemed to be just one big crazy loud mess last night and it was wonderful.  Even with everything, even with all the noise, there was peace.  I love my family.  I love my wife.  I love my kids.  And just between you and me, I often joke with my kids about looking forward to them moving out so my house will be quiet, but really I'm going to miss the noise.