Friday, May 23, 2008

I Love Teaching








Today I was walking down the hall and 2 girls were coming down the hall carrying daisies. I asked them where they got the beautiful flowers (although I knew they were picked out at recess.) We discussed how daisies were my favorite flower. I also said, "Can you believe I have been married 10 years and my husband has never sent me a bouquet of daisies?" So they went on to class and I went on to get my class. At the end of the day I took my kids out for recess. When I returned, the above picture is what I found on my desk.

The note read:


Mrs. Raymer This is to make up for your husband's sillyness.
(I guess I need to work with them on that whole change the y-i thing!)

It cracked me up and I made sure I brought it home to show John. Between the flowers and John telling me we were going out, I thought the day couldn't get any better. I was wrong.

We called our adoption agency to ask about our eligibility for court. We weren't sure if we could go to court since we were waiting on an amended home study. We talked to Tara and she said, "Oh, I'll let you talk to Duni. She can answer your question better and besides she has a funny story about B."

We were transferred to Duni. She told us that when she was in Ethiopia her sister got married. The kids at the orphanage were excited about the wedding so they decided to have their own wedding. So apparently our B got "married" last week.

Then Duni said, oh and you have a court date for June 1oth.

DID YOU HEAR THAT PEOPLE?! WE HAVE A COURT DATE ON JUNE 10th. THESE BOYS MAY OFFICIALLY BE OUR SONS IN A LITTLE OVER 2 WEEKS!!

OK- don't get too excited. Most people don't pass court the first time. We are considering it our dress rehearsal.


WE HAVE A COURT DATE!!! To make it even better- it's on the last day of school. WOO-HOO!!