Friday, March 14, 2008

Old Age, Old Times, and Typewriters

Well, last Saturday I (John) marked another year of living. Yesterday (March 13th) marked the 10 year anniversary of mine and Dottie's engagement. Such milestones in and of themselves can make one feel a little old. But just to make sure that I really felt old I also had the privilege the past couple of weeks to re-connect with my 6th grade teacher who is famous in my family for being my "favorite" teacher ever (you can read more about this on my blog which is http://revraymer.blogspot.com/). In doing this I realized that more than 20 years has passed since being in 6th grade. 20 years is a long time isn't it? Well, then just today my son comes to me and says, "Dad, what are those old typing machines called that you actually put a piece of paper in and the bar moves across the top?" Yes, my son thinks typewriters are antiques.

Oh, the times they are a changing and I'm just getting old.