Thursday, August 16, 2007

We have been approved!!!

Well, AWAA said they would contact us within 10 days after receiving our application to let us know if we had been approved and 10 very long days later - we got the call! We are officially adopting. In "paper pregnancy" terms I guess this is the equivalent to having your home pregnancy test come back positive. Now, the real paper work begins...anyone know where I put my birth certificate?

Oh yea, I guess I should tell you that AWAA probably thinks I'm a bit nuts. You see Dottie had just walked out the door when the phone rang. When I saw on the caller id that it was American World I naturally got a little excited. I answered the phone and the lady on the other end said, "You've been approved..." That is when I interrupted her and said, "Great! Hold on. My wife is leaving. I have to stop her!" I then ran out the front door and stopped Dottie just in time to tell her the good news. I definitely think the lady was a little taken back with my enthusiasm but how many times does a guy get to celebrate being approved to adopt a couple of children from Ethiopia.